You’ve learned about biodiversity – so what’s next? Find out at Biodiversity BTS (Behind-the-Scenes)!
Beyond leading nature walks and doing research, there are many people working hard to make conservation work – policy makers, wildlife rescue volunteers, education groups. Who are they? How do they do it? And what does their work have to do with YOU?
Our young and wild ‘Youth Interrogators’ will chat with Dr Adrian Loo (Group Director of Conservation, NParks), N. Sivasothi aka Otterman (Senior Lecturer, NUS Dept of Biological Sciences), and Anbu Boopal (Deputy Chief Executive, ACRES) to get an insider’s view of conservation!
This event is organised in conjunction with World Environment Day: https://www.worldenvironmentday.global
Completion of this entire activity (both Part 1 and 2) before the deadline will be counted as participation in one field trip.
Part 1: Attend Biodiversity BTS
Date: Friday, 5 June 2020
Time: 8.00pm – 9.30pm
Location: ZOOM (URL and password will be sent via email)
RSVP by Wednesday, 3 June 2020 here: https://tinyurl.com/bffbts
Part 2: Blog about it!
- Write a blog post reflecting on the following:
- What drew you to this event?
- What are 3 things you learned from this event?
- Was there anything which surprised you?
- Having heard from the speaker, what is 1 new insight or question you have about biodiversity conservation in Singapore?
- In your opinion, how can we strike a balance between conservation and development, in a highly urbanised city like Singapore?
- Upload your post under the ‘Biodiversity BTS’ category.
Deadline: 2359 on Friday, 19 June 2020