Coming up in our next ‘Burning Questions LIVE’: Meet Joys, a ‘Monkey Walk’ guide with the Jane Goodall Institute (Singapore) (JGIS)! She educates the public about Singapore’s most familiar primate, the Long-tailed Macaque, by volunteering to lead guided walks at Hindhede Estate.
So fire away any Burning Questions you have about primates, being an outreach volunteer, and human-macaque conflicts in Singapore.
Completion of this entire activity (both Part 1 and Part 2) before the deadline will be counted as participation in one field trip.
Part 1: Attend ‘Burning Questions LIVE with a Volunteer Guide‘
Date: Wednesday, 27 May 2020
Time: 8.00pm – 9.30pm
- You may start calling in from 7.45pm
Location: ONLINE (Video conferencing platform TBC – stay tuned for updates in the Whatsapp group!)
RSVP and submit your BURNING QUESTIONS here: https://tinyurl.com/BQLivePrimates2705 by 2359, Wednesday 20 May 2020.
Part 2: Blog about it!
- Write a blog post reflecting on the following:
- What drew you to this event?
- What are 3 things you learned from this event?
- Was there anything which surprised you?
- Having heard from the speaker, what is 1 new insight or question you have about primate conservation?
- One of the following questions:
- Describe a personal encounter you’ve had with a primate (locally or overseas). Identify the potential sources for human-wildlife conflict, and how these could be mitigated OR
- What is one strategy you can suggest, when engaging people about a highly-misunderstood species?
- Upload your post under the ‘BQLive: Volunteer Guide’ Category.
Deadline: 2359, Wednesday 10 June 2020
2 thoughts on “BFF Challenge: Burning Questions LIVE w/ a Volunteer Guide”